This blog has moved!

Please join me at: www.heatherleechan.com/blog and there I will share with you my art and life!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Butterfly Silhouette with Tropical Flowers Painting

Here is my newest canvas painting!
 
Butterfly Silhouette with Tropical Flowers
16"x20" on a gallery canvas with acrylic paints. 
©Heatherlee Chan, Lady Poppins
 
 
I can't help but love it.
 
 
A butterfly? Check.
Pink? Check.
Flowers? Check.
Modern? Check.
Something my husband would not be happy if I hung up in the living room? Check.
 
The last ten years I have been doing paintings as gifts, so the main goal was to make someone else happy. If I wasn't doing that, I was trying to paint something for our home that was something my love and I agreed on. But now? I just LOVE painting things that I get excited about! I'm sure if I weren't married with three kids I would have the girliest house. 
 
What things would you paint or create if the main goal was just to make YOU happy?
 
 



 
I have the original and prints available in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment