This blog has moved!

Please join me at: www.heatherleechan.com/blog and there I will share with you my art and life!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

We Love Lady (and the Tramp)

My daughter is in love with her little Lady.

She has two requirements when we leave the house or go to sleep: her Lady and blanket.

I found Lady at....a garage sale. She was 50 cents and brand new.

Clara fell in love with her immediately and thus watched Lady and the Tramp too many times to count.



1. Clara pushing Lady in her baby stroller
2. Going to the library. Blankie, pearls, & Lady in tow.
3. The Halloween costume I bought her....that she hated.
4. Calvin offering to try it on in an effort to show Clara that Lady had not been skinned. FAIL. It is still hanging in her closet with the tags on it.


As her 2nd birthday approached I wanted to paint her a picture and it wasn't hard to decide on. I took the old book cover of Lady and the Tramp and painted it in some different colors and in a different setting.


And while she still totes her Lady everywhere and she is basically one large germ, she is now in love with Snow White.

Don't worry, Lady:

You're the sweetest and most cuddly dog ever. And you're not real, so I love you even more!


1 comment:

  1. I've always loved this movie. What a beautiful painting! So funny that she hated the costume. Got to love kids!

    ReplyDelete